You cover a number of topics in sustainable energy and clean technology, broadening and deepening your understanding and knowledge of the field. You learn how to synthesise information from a variety of sources and develop your decision-making abilities in solving complex sustainability problems. Working with a supervisor, you also conduct a research project in a specific area of sustainable engineering.
Here at Teesside University, we undertake varied research in sustainable energy and clean technology and are involved in several regional strategic projects. We are based in the Tees Valley, a hub of the green energy industry, housing bioethanol, hydrogen and offshore wind farms. The region is also a centre for investment in carbon capture and storage, industrial decarbonisation and net zero initiatives, making it an ideal location to study this course.
This Sustainable Energy and Clean Technology course from Teesside University gives you an industrially, commercially and professionally relevant education by developing your lifelong learning skills and giving you a progression route for further professional development.
You are prepared for a career understanding and tackling sustainability issues, driving rapid change in all sectors and contributing to climate change agendas at a regional, national and international level. You can work in a technical or managerial role in industrial sectors including manufacturing, chemicals and processing.
- Hydrogen Technologies and Fuel Cells
- MSc Research Project
- Renewable Energy Generation
- Smart Grids
- Zero Carbon Built Infrastructure
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 158 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2.2 UK honours degree (or equivalent) in a science, technology or engineering subject.
- Students with a degree awarded outside the UK must also meet the University's minimum English language requirements.
- Non-EU international students who need a student visa to study in the UK should check our web pages on UKVI-compliant English language requirements.
- The University also provides pre-sessional English language courses if you do not meet the minimum English language requirement.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6695 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6695 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time Fee for UK applicants
- £745 for each 20 credits
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.