About this programme
Designed by research-active clinical professionals, the course bridges the gap between clinical practice and biomechanical principles, for a rigorous and focused understanding of the subject. Learn more with this master of Clinical Biomechanics from Staffordshire University.
Applying mechanical principles to the management of pathology, human movement and gait dysfunction, the course is primarily focused on musculoskeletal practitioners – such as physiotherapists, orthotists, chiropractors and podiatrists – who provide biomechanical-based interventions in their clinical practice.
In addition to being able to study to Certificate, Diploma or MSc level, you can choose to complete individual modules. This route not only provides an ideal taster to the MSc course, but can also be an effective way of completing CPD.
On successful completion of study, we will issue the following award: MSc Clinical Biomechanics
- Gait AnalysIS
- Lower Limb Paediatric Patholagies And Therapies
- Mechanics Of The Diabetic Foot
- Spinal Mechanies
- Sports Biomechanics In Injury
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The earlier you apply, the better. International applicants are encouraged to apply for courses at the beginning of the academic year.
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology View 488 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
You’ll normally need to be an HCPC-registered allied health professional. You can also be an associate of a medical or an allied health professional (such as a chiropractor, a sports therapist or a biomechanist) who is involved in the clinical management of musculoskeletal conditions.
When considering the general requirements below, the degree or other acceptable qualification must be in a healthcare or biomechanical field involving the treatment of patients. Healthcare professionals need to hold any necessary post-qualification registration (e.g. HCPC Registration) deemed a requirement for working with patients.
- An Honours degree from a UK University, or any other qualification deemed to be equivalent to a UK Honours degree.
- If you don’t have an Honours degree you may still be admitted if you have significant appropriate experience and can provide substantial evidence of your ability to undertake the course successfully and benefit from it. We recommend that you bring a professional portfolio indicating your achievements to interview.
- If your first language is not English you must have achieved IELTS 7.0 overall with no less than 6.5 in each area.
International8460 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8460 GBP per year during 36 months.
National8460 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8460 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Stoke-on-Trent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.