Our Automotive Technology with Business Management course at University of Bath teaches you how to use the knowledge from your first degree to further your education and specialise in automotive technology. You’ll combine your studies in technology with business and management theory to meet the current and future needs of the automotive sector.
At the start of your course, you’ll be set a topical automotive theme to carry through into group projects. This ensures the subject-based units are current and relevant to professional practice in the industry. It also gives you the benefit of a personalised learning pathway. We’ll introduce you to key scientific principles in automotive technology and give you specialist insight into the subject to help you build on your existing skills. Your studies will cover some of the leading areas of development in industry such as advanced propulsion systems, sustainable mobility and innovation for a zero carbon economy.
Exploring a range of automotive engineering applications and technologies, you’ll consider their impact, analysing past failures and predicting future challenges and successes. You’ll develop systems-thinking approaches to understand the breadth of challenges faced in the sector such as moral, ethical and sustainability issues.
Learn from experts in the field
We’ve been researching within the automotive sector for over 40 years so you’ll learn from academics active in researching the latest in automotive engineering. They are dedicated to transferring this knowledge to your learning experience so you get the benefit of their expertise. As well as academic support, you’ll benefit from our links with industry. Your practice track project will be sponsored by a company with a real problem they want you to solve. And you’ll also have the benefit of an industrial mentor throughout the project.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Agile and effective working practices
- Scientific principles for automotive technologies
- Propulsion and vehicle technologies for sustainable mobility
- Propulsion system group project
- Automotive systems thinking
- The business of automotive innovation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesAutomotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 63 other Masters in Automotive Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should have a Bachelor's honours degree or international equivalent, typically a high 2:2 or above.
- To apply for this course, you should have an undergraduate degree in mechanical, electrical, civil or chemical engineering, maths, physics, computer science, software engineering, manufacturing engineering, product design, chemistry or national sciences.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.