Our Automotive Technology course at University of Bath teaches you how to use the knowledge from your first degree to further your education and specialise in automotive technology. The sector needs to find more sustainable technological solutions for the future of vehicle engineering. And as it evolves, it needs people with the skills to not only keep up with change but also to lead it. Our course develops your knowledge and skills for this including areas such as advanced propulsion systems, sustainable mobility and innovation.
We’ll introduce you to key scientific principles and give you specialist insight into the subject to help you build on your existing skills. Exploring a range of automotive engineering applications and technologies, you’ll consider their impact, analysing past failures and predicting future challenges and successes. You’ll develop systems-thinking approaches to understand the breadth of challenges faced in the sector such as moral, ethical and sustainability issues.
A group project and your dissertation will give you the space to explore the application of one or more technologies in depth. You’ll focus on technology roadmapping, supported by holistic assessments such as life-cycle analysis. A further part of your studies gives you an understanding of current and future business models, considering how to balance economic growth with impact on society.
Start your future here
Supporting you and your studies so that you can graduate ready to advance your career is important for us. As part of your course, you’ll study professional development to build your research, communication and project management skills.
Our students go on to work in engineering and specialist technical roles in the automotive industry. They are likely to work in roles that use skills in product design, development and innovation. These can be found at vehicle manufacturers, tier 1 suppliers, SMEs and consultancies. Our past graduates have secured jobs as:
- Calibration engineer, Ford Motor Company Ltd
- Product engineer, Renault
- Engineering consultant, D'Appolonia
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Agile and effective working practices
- Scientific principles for automotive technologies
- Propulsion and vehicle technologies for sustainable mobility
- Propulsion system group project
- Automotive systems thinking
- The business of automotive innovation
- Research project scoping
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesAutomotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 63 other Masters in Automotive Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should have a Bachelor's honours degree or international equivalent, typically a high 2:2 or above.
- To apply for this course, you should have an undergraduate degree in mechanical, electrical, civil or chemical engineering, maths, physics, computer science, software engineering, manufacturing engineering, product design, chemistry or national sciences.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.