On completion of this Health and Wellbeing course, you will:
- understand the social science underpinning the development of effective interventions, strategies, and policies aimed at sustainable improvements in health and wellbeing, and reducing physical and psychological health inequalities
- have an interdisciplinary understanding of the links between social, biological and environmental factors and individual health behaviours, choices, and outcomes
- understand contemporary issues related to modifiable disease risk behaviours, and the determinants and correlates of these lifestyle behaviours across the lifespan
- understand the interdisciplinary skills and processes required to translate scientific research into practical health and well-being applications
Working under the supervision of our academic staff, you will be able to pursue a line of study and research that is relevant to your own interests.
Studying Health and Wellbeing at University of Bath you will be encouraged to review and critically evaluate approaches to research and their application, and identify and investigate your own original research questions.
Recognition of professional qualifications
As well as being recognised as a higher academic qualification, a number of our degrees are also accredited by professional bodies in the United Kingdom. An accredited degree may entitle you to work in a specific profession within the UK, and abroad (where there are reciprocating arrangements with professional bodies in other countries).
The requirements to practise a profession vary from country to country. If you wish to practise your profession outside the United Kingdom, you are advised to confirm that the UK professional qualification you seek is valid in the country in which you are intending to work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced interdisciplinary research design (collaboratively delivered unit)
- Research apprenticeship project (MRes)
- Qualitative methods
- Principles and skills of social research
- Contemporary debates in lifestyle behaviours and public health (collaboratively delivered unit)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 1755 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bath and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above.
- To apply for this course you should have an undergraduate degree in an appropriate subject relating to health and wellbeing.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4600 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.