About the course
For all TA fields, fitness testing, fitness, and injury prevention are inherently part of the culture. The United States Bureau of Labor reports average to above average growth of firefighters, police, and military occupations over the next decade. According to data from 2015 there are 1.1 million (345,000 career, 815,000 volunteer) firefighters, over 800,000 police officers, and more than 1.2 million active duty military in the US.
The Tactical Athlete Strength, Conditioning and Injury Prevention at George Mason University features a 6 course, 18 credit, 100% online curriculum. The mission of the certificate program is to provide graduates with foundational knowledge, skills and abilities to become leaders in tactical strength, conditioning and injury prevention. The curriculum covers content focused on improving the health, fitness and resiliency of emergency responders (i.e. Tactical Athletes). Upon graduation students will be prepared for a variety of positions (Strength and Conditioning Coach, Athletic Trainer, Health and Fitness Coordinator) or to pursue a graduate degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Functional Anatomy
- Advanced Exercise Physiology
- Movement and Fitness Assessment
- Applied Biomechanics
- Corrective and Preventative Exercise Techniques
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Management Health Sciences View 155 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Resume: Resume should be updated and free of grammatical errors.
- Goals Statement: The goals statement is 750-1000 words and should describe your academic and career goals related to the intended program. We recommend that applicants are specific in describing their past experiences related to the intended program as well as personal and professional aspirations. We also would like to know why you are choosing Mason to attend graduate school.
- Transcript: Students can upload their unofficial transcripts for application review. Students with international credentials must provide official documents for admissions review.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25758 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit
National25758 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit
In-State9774 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 543 USD per credit
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.