Dance Performance and Choreography degree offered at the University of Bedfordshire offers you the opportunity for professional level repertory performance practice, as well as creative and choreographic practice in an industry-focused academic environment, supporting your development as a professionally equipped, independent and self-sufficient dance practitioner and scholar.
Polish your practical, theoretical and professional skills in performance and/or choreographic practice using excellent studio, theatre and library facilities as well as our on-campus professional performance work as you enhance your future employability prospects.
Why choose this course?
- Study with a dynamic and experienced team of tutors with internationally significant experience as academics, practice-led researchers and dance artists
- Explore a range of career opportunities including: independent/freelance dance artist; independent or collaborative choreographer; educator in HE, FE, school or wider community and professional environments; consultant or researcher; or in screen-based performance as a performer in film/video industry, commercial sector or in independent film production
- Develop your professional network through our existing relationships with key organisations such as; Arts Council England, regional and national dance agencies, Youth Dance England, dance development organisations, performance venues, professional dance companies, independent artists, community arts organisations, colleges and schools
- Gain high-level practical, theoretical and professional skills in performance and/or choreographic practice to enhance or sustain your opportunities for employment
- Benefit from a degree that aims to equip you with professional-level skills, abilities and knowledge in dance, as well as an advanced level of self-sufficiency and scholarship, enabling you to access wider employment options or continue to MPhil and PhD research degrees.
How will this course enhance my career prospects?The course will develop you as a professionally equipped and skilled dance practitioner and scholar, who is realistically able to pursue a range of career options in dance, and in wider creative and cultural industries. It focuses on developing your reflective, enterprising and independent management skills as an underpinning for future self-sufficiency and career longevity.The course has a professional focus and you will be expected to demonstrate equivalent and relevant professional skills and attitudes throughout. You will utilise these skills to enable you to design and manage academic and creative projects, and be responsible for critical assessment of the outcomes against intended goals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Choreographic Research
- Dance Research Project/Dissertation
- Interprofessional Working Project
- Researching Dance
- Performance For Inclusion And Diversity
- Project Planning And Leadership For Performing Arts
- Repertory And Performance
- Somatic Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Theatre & Dance View 198 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
- Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
- To apply for a place on a postgraduate course (MA/MSc/MBA) at the University of Bedfordshire you should have a good first degree and the required English language qualification
International13275 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13275 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National7840 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7840 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- For EU students the standard fee is £7,840.
Living costs for Bedford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.