The knowledge related to political science and administration in the IT Cyber Security program at Maria Curie-Sklodowska University includes:
- the place of cybersecurity in the contemporary understanding of security;
- the complexity of security threats in cyberspace;
- diversity of areas of activities to ensure security in cyberspace, taking into account political science, but also legal, economic and sociological approaches.
Knowledge related to computer science includes:
- The principles of operation of the operating system, its tasks and weaknesses
- basic programming structures and rules of designing programming scripts;
- functioning of web applications and knowledge about the basic weaknesses of web applications;
- principles of operation of computer networks and, weaknesses of protocols and mechanisms operating in all layers of the OSI model;
- principles and best practices for safe web application programming;
- principles of operation of cryptographic modules and the manner of their application in IT Systems;
- the process of performing penetration tests and ability to describe each stage;
- standards for information security management.
Computer science skills include:
- efficient performance of tasks in the Linux operating system;
- designing a simple algorithm and creating its implementation using Python;
- conducting security tests for Web applications based on the OWASP standard;
- Analysing the weaknesses of the computer network and applying a security mechanism to protect against potential attacks;
- Finding security bugs in web applications and applying corrections to eliminate them;
- performance of the required analysis regarding the application of cryptographic methods and the use of appropriate cryptographic modules;
- performing all stages of penetration testing;
- creating process documentation of the IT system and conducting a risk analysis of such a system.
- Linux Operating System
- Programming in Python
- Threats in cyberspace
- Security of Web applications
- Cybersecurity strategies
- International cybersecurity cooperation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology IT Security Cyber Security View 4 other Masters in Cyber Security in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Maria Curie-Sklodowska University and/or in Poland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Personal questionnaire generated by the Online Registration System (after admission).
- Confirmation that the applicant has a fluent command of English language
- Original/duplicate certificate of: secondary/higher secondary education together with the transcript of records (in the case of applying for bachelor studies) as well as a recognition certificate issued by a Board of Education in Lublin or any other board of education adequate for the place of residence of the person applying for the recognition certificate;
- Medical certificate (clean bill of health)
- A copy of a passport Bio page
- One current ID card-style 35×45 mm photographs.
- Confirmation of registration fee payment.
International3400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3400 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3400 EUR per year during 24 months.
Second year of study: 3200 EUR
Living costs for Lublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.