Informatics and Econometrics - Business Informatics from University of Gdansk combines knowledge in the field of Computer Science and Business, dealing with IT systems, including mobile applications, in organizations. A characteristic feature of Business Informatics studies at the University of Gdańsk is their operation within SUA, i.e. SAP University Alliances. This means access to the SAP system software and use of the teaching resources of this consortium. Therefore, the program of these two-year studies, in each of the four semesters, includes subjects such as: Enterprise Resource Planning Systems, ERP in Financial Accounting, in Logistics, Controlling and Asset Management or Production Planning. The teaching method is dominated by laboratory work in self-organizing teams based on Agile methods, especially Scrum. Students also learn other soft skills useful in business communication. These subjects naturally combine IT and economic skills. The program will be implemented by domestic and foreign lecturers. Professional practice is planned for the third semester.
At present all modern business organizations are operating on the basis of information technologies, which creates an extremely wide area of employment opportunities for Business Informatics graduates, in the current Digital Economy era. In this context, ERP systems that comprehensively support business processes occupy a special place.
- Business processes architecture,
- Requirements engineering,
- Design of Human Computer Interaction,
- Business Intelligence Systems,
- Big Data Systems,
- Internet of Things,
- Smart Cities,
- Design Thinking,
- Cloud Computing,
- Innovative Business Models
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Application deadlines will be publish in late-April.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Econometrics Business Information Systems View 3 other Masters in Business Information Systems in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Main criterion: diploma grade
- Additional criterion: grades average (relevant in case the number of candidates with the same diploma grade exceeds the student place limit)
- Holders of bachelor diploma in any field are qualified to apply.
- Polish bachelor or master diploma or
- Foreign bachelor diploma legalized by Polish Embassy holding an office in the issuing country OR with an Apostille (if it was issued by an institution of the country that signed the Hague Convention) with translation to Polish (if applying for studies conducted in Polish) or English (if applying for studies conducted in English)
- Diploma supplement/ transcript of records with translation to Polish (if applying for studies conducted in Polish) or English (if applying for studies conducted in English)
International1553 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1553 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1553 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1553 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gdansk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.