About the course
The Education Leadership certificate at George Mason University emphasizes an understanding of the complexities of change in schools, communities, and organizations. Participants are expected to develop and demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary to create and maintain learning environments that value diversity, continual knowledge acquisition, instructional leadership, innovative and ethical decision-making, reflective practice, and successful achievement of all school-aged youth.
This graduate certificate may be pursued on a part-time or full-time basis and may be added as a secondary program of study by current Mason students who meet the admission requirements and are enrolled in non-licensure graduate programs. This certificate option is available to students enrolled in the Education Leadership program and not in the Education Leadership with Special Education Concentration (SELE).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leading Schools and Communities
- Education Law
- Managing Financial and Human Resources
- Curriculum Development and Evaluation
- Supervision and Evaluation of Instruction
- Organizational Theory and Leadership
- Using Research to Lead School Improvement
- Internship in Educational Leadership
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
Fall & Spring based on Space available
DisciplinesEducational Research Educational Leadership View 382 other Masters in Educational Leadership in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You must have earned or will earn* a minimum of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a US institution of higher education accredited by one of the organizations found here, or an equivalent degree from a nationally recognized non-US institution.
- You must have earned a 3.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale or better in your baccalaureate study. The GPA requirement can be higher for individual graduate programs.
- If you are an applicant with domestic educational credentials (inside the United States): you may upload unofficial copies of your transcripts on the online application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34344 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit
National34344 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit
In-State13032 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 543 USD per credit
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.