About the program
The Computational Social Science program at George Mason University is open to all students with graduate standing at George Mason University and all students who hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university. The Computational Social Science (CSS) certificate allows students with social science or computational backgrounds to acquire new knowledge and modeling skills to improve their qualifications and attractiveness to employers in government, academia, or industry. The core courses provide a common foundation; additional elective courses allow for a variety of student interests across diverse social domains.
This graduate certificate may be pursued on a part-time or full-time basis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Agent-based Modeling and Simulation
- Object-Oriented Modeling in Social Science
- Origins of Social Complexity
- Social Network Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Computer Sciences View 544 other Masters in Social Work in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The goals statement essay should express what the applicant hopes to achieve academically and/or professionally by studying Computational Social Science at George Mason University. The essay should display the applicant's writing ability and the background and credentials that qualify the applicant for graduate study. The essay should convey that applying to this program has been an informed and thoughtful process.
- The writing sample should be a formal piece of writing that demonstrates the applicant's ability to write and conduct research at the graduate level, use evidence to make an argument, cite sources, and engage in scholarly analysis.
- Letters of recommendation should speak to the applicant’s character, work ethic, academic or professional achievements, and/or preparedness for graduate study. Ideally, at least 1 of the 2 recommendations will come from someone who can speak directly to the applicant’s previous academic performance.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21465 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit
National21465 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit
In-State8145 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 543 USD per credit
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.