Natural fluid media involve lakes, rivers, the ocean from the coast to the abyss or the atmospheric boundary layer. An important part of the program deals with environmental applications, through lectures or research internship subjects. Examples are sediment transport, pollution and air quality, waste water treatment or the impact of wind and marine turbines on the ambient medium.
The Environmental Fluid Mechanics program at Université Grenoble Alpes is based on the broad expertise available in Grenoble with internationally recognized researchers in the fields of fundamental fluid mechanics closely linked to observations and modelling of natural media.
- A career in industry or in environmental agencies.
- PhD thesis in France or abroad
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- English or French
- Mechanics of continuum media
- Fluid mechanics
- Experimental techniques and methods
- Numerical methods in fluid mechanics
- Image and signal processing
- Convection in industrial and geophysical flows
- Research project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Mechanical Engineering Environmental Sciences View 11 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To access the first year of the program
- You should be a student of high academic level and have obtained a bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, civil engineering, chemical engineering, physics, Earth sciences or applied mathematics.
- No knowledge in fluid mechanics is needed but a basic background (on partial differential equations for instance) is required.
To access the second year of the program
- You should be a student of high academic level and have either
- completed the first year of a Master's program (M1), or
- graduated from a school of mechanical, civil or chemical engineering.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.