The General Concentration is intended to complement PhD and MS programs outside the Department of Statistics. It is also intended to be responsive to the needs of those who teach or work in government/ industry and want to increase their knowledge of statistics.
The Applied Statistics graduate certiﬁcate at George Mason University emphasizes the application of statistical tools, not theory. As such, there are no required prerequisite math courses, although one semester of calculus is strongly recommended.
The Federal Statistics Concentration is targeted at upgrading the skills of current practitioners. The federal statistical system is a complex data collection and analysis system that requires a wide variety of multidisciplinary skills for its maintenance. The Federal Statistics Certiﬁcate is intended to respond to the need for broad training in statistics, survey methods, and data analysis, including graphics and data visualization. The program is extremely flexible and can be tailored to the needs of students within the federal statistical sector. It is also intended to be responsive to the needs of those in state and local governments, and those in the private sector involved in the collection, interpretation, or statistical analysis of federal data.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Statistics and Visualization for Analytics
- Experimental Design
- Applied Multivariate Statistics
- Nonparametric Statistics and Categorical Data Analysis
- Applied Regression Analysis
- Analysis of Experimental Data
- Topics in Applied Statistics
- Biostatistical Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
The Spring application will open on April 15, .
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics View 918 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should have an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution, with a minimum overall GPA of at least 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale). No specific undergraduate degree is required. Applicants are expected to have basic computer literacy. Successful completion of an undergraduate course in statistics is required for admission. One semester of calculus is strongly recommended.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17172 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit
National17172 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit
In-State7956 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 663 USD per credit
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.