This Add-On Endorsement in Special Education - General Curriculum offered at George Mason University is designed for elementary and secondary education teachers.
Coursework provides knowledge and skills for working with students with disabilities, and meets Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) requirements for teachers endorsed in elementary education (such as early/primary education preK-3 or elementary education preK-6) or in English, history and social sciences, mathematics, biology, chemistry, Earth science, or physics to add a grade level endorsement in special education: general curriculum.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Adapted Instructional Methods and Transition for Secondary Learners
- Instructional Strategies for Reading and Writing
- Instructional Strategies for Math
- Consultation and Collaboration
- Internship in Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Research View 703 other Masters in Special Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The VDOE add-on endorsement is grade-level specific and requires a current VDOE endorsement in elementary education (such as early/primary education preK-3 or elementary education preK-6) or in English, history and social sciences, mathematics, biology, chemistry, Earth science, or physics.
- Students who have completed graduate or undergraduate coursework equivalent to certificate coursework prior to admission to this program may request that some courses in this certificate be waived. Students who are eligible to waive coursework must complete a minimum of 12 credits to graduate. Students must earn a B- or better in all coursework.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22896 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit
National22896 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit
In-State8688 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 543 USD per credit
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.