Designed with input from industry, the MSc in Civil Engineering Project Management at Coventry University teaches an innovative mix of technical and construction project management, applicable to civil engineering contexts.
- The course takes a multidisciplinary approach, aiming to equip you with clear educational and technical knowledge of how advanced engineering planning, analysis and design, contract law, finance, procurement, and project management interrelate in the modern construction industry.
- You will have the opportunity to learn the laboratory testing procedures and technics used to assess material and structural performance, using modern and upgraded loading equipment automated with data loggers, saturated and unsaturated stress path soil testing apparatus and commercial civil engineering material mixing and synthesising equipment.
- The course culminates in a research project, during which you should be able to apply the theoretical and practical knowledge acquired so far from your academic training on real structural problems.
Careers and opportunities
The engineering sector generated 25% of the UK’s total GDP in 2015 (£420.5 billion).
You may want to apply for this course if you are considering specialising in structural engineering or require further qualification to advance your career within the public and private sector as a civil or structural engineer. If you are already working within the profession, the course provides an opportunity to enhance previously acquired knowledge regarding the latest issues and technological advances. For example, all design-related modules are taught in accordance with the new structural Eurocodes. In addition, we employ civil and structural engineering software, such as ANSYS and MIDAS for teaching and learning; you should also be able to download these computer applications to undertake your coursework.
- Supporting Transition to Postgraduate Study
- Geometric and Pavement design
- Soil-Structure Interaction
- Catchment Hydrology, Hydraulic and Flood Modelling
- Plastic Theory of Structures
- Contract Management Practice and Law
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
If you’re an international student and are interested in applying for a Foundation year, HNC, HND or Degree course then you’ll need to apply to us directly.
DisciplinesProject Management Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 768 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- Normal entry requires a minimum 2.2 UK or overseas undergraduate honours degree in Civil Engineering.
- Holders of CEng accredited bachelor’s degree can enrol on the course provided they meet the entry requirements. This will automatically meet the educational base for Chartered Engineer status.
- Holders of an IEng accredited or an overseas bachelor’s degree will need to apply for an academic assessment to be formally approved for CEng. They may be required to complete extra modules if their bachelor’s degree is deemed to be not technical enough.
International16950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10600 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.