Biological processes are inherently complex and can only be effectively studied through an integrated and multidisciplinary approach. Although diverse, the various disciplines of basic and medical biology (developmental biology, neurobiology, cancerology) are based on common concepts and can be studied through complementary technologies (model organisms, genome editing, omics, physiological measurements , behavioral, imaging).
The goal of this Integrative Biology and Physiology programme at Aix-Marseille University is to train high profile scientists that will be enrolled in Research or Research and Development departments, both in public service and in private companies.
Prepare a PhD to be recruited as a researcher, teacher-researcher, engineer in public service (universities, CNRS, INSERM, CEA, INRA,…) or equivalent positions in private companies.
Areas of study:
- Molecular and cellular mechanisms
- Developmental biology
- Stem cells
- Genome editing
- Cell and tissue imaging technologies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The candidates are requested to have obtained a bachelor in biology with knowledge in molecular and cellular biology, genetics, physiology.
- It is essential that the students has previously followed teaching unit that allowed them to appreciate the mechanistic bases of biological processes.
- Admission will be based on written application although interview with the Master staff teachers are possible.
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Marseille
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.