This Master is structured around 3 different 2-year degrees: Statistics, Mathematical modeling and Bioinformatics. These 3 majors lead students to address the new challenges of complex biological systems.
While specialising on a major in their own field, students share courses and interdisciplinary projects. Independently from their major, every student will follow courses in Computer Science, Mathematics and Biology.
Part of the formation consists in gathering students from the different CMB majors to conduct interdisciplinary projects that will prepare them to research internships and professional career.
Computational and Mathematical Biology is an international MSc with a strong emphasis placed on students' future professional career. As such, lectures are taught in English which is the language most commonly used in research.
The CENTURI Master of Computational and Mathematical Biology leads to an Aix-Marseille University degree and prepares students for scientific research. With this Master’s degree, graduates will be qualified for international research institutes as a PhD student or a Research engineer in data analysis, biological systems modelling, analysis of interaction networks, etc.
Graduates also have the opportunity to join private companies’ R&D departments in health care, pharmacology, biosystems and more generally to work on big data issues.
- Professional perspectives for biological system modelling
- Discrete modelling of dynamical biological systems
- Computational biology
- Programming and algorithms
- Functional analysis
- Continuous dynamical systems, linear algebra and modelling
- Statistics for biology
- Graph theory and algorithms
- Hilbert and Fourier analysis
- Advanced biology
- Statistical inference and big data in biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 6 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- As this Master is a highly selective research-focused study path, a BSc in either mathematics, statistics, biology or eventually computational science obtained with Honors is required.
- Students with a BSc in biology are requested to have already minored in either mathematics or computer science.
- A good command of English is compulsory : courses are taught in English and the master is open to international students.
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Marseille
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.