The International Relations and European Politics course at University of Bath explores contemporary European politics and societies and has a distinctive focus on European policies and policy-making. You'll explore Europe's role in the international system, and study the interplay of multi-level governance between European and national institutions, as well as between the EU and the multilateral system.
The MA in International Relations and European Politics provides you with:
- the training to pursue international careers in administration, diplomacy, policy formation and research
- the opportunity to study in an internationally diverse postgraduate community
- an enthusiastic and approachable teaching team
- a clear geographical perspective on international relations
- a solid analytical framework with a unique blend of theory and empirical analysis
- insight into contemporary international relations and the dimensions of political interactions
This course is suited to those with an interest in contemporary world affairs and a degree in a relevant subject such as European studies, international relations, modern languages, politics, history, economics or sociology. It's a highly relevant course if you're interested in, or already working in the field of public policy, government, NGOs or business at the interplay of EU government, institutions and world politics.
Studying this course provides an excellent grounding for working in international organisations, multinational corporations, public bodies and think tanks.
Graduates have gone on to successful careers in a wide range of organisations, including:
- Junior Policy Analyst, FiscalNote Europe
- Parliamentary Assistant, European Parliament
- Junior Consultant, EKT Lithuania
- Blue Book Trainee, European Commission
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Comparative European politics
- International relations theories
- Scopes and methods of politics and international relations
- Plus two optional units
- MA in International Relations and European Politics dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations European Studies Political Science View 548 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above.
- To apply for this course you should have an undergraduate degree in an appropriate subject such as European Studies, International Relations, Modern Languages, Politics, History, Economics or Sociology.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.