Current world developments - such as security threats, changes of leadership, the emergence of new powers and the evolving nature of the EU - present fresh challenges to governments, regions and the international system as a whole.
This course explores these issues in-depth, taking a close look at politics and policy-making of cybersecurity, security, diplomacy, and great and emerging powers, as well as the interplay of international power, order and institutions.
You'll gain the analytical skills to be able to unpack and detect the causes and consequences of specific political problems and the different political processes that have generated them.
This International Relations course at University of Bath attracts students from all over the world at different stages of their professional and academic lives, adding to the richness of debate and offering deep and diverse perspectives on this multi-faceted subject.
Studying at Bath provides you with the opportunity to work with researchers in international security, terrorism, foreign policy and the international political economy. Our staff have expertise in many relevant topics including intelligence, the global resurgence of religion, emerging powers and peace and conflict studies, they offer fresh and leading perspectives on these highly complex and evolving areas.
You'll leave with:
- a broad and informed perspective on current issues of international relations
- the strong analytical skills and theory-informed reasoning to be able to conduct political analysis and understand current challenges and developments
- a deep insight into the world of negotiation and diplomacy and how multilateral institutions operate in the domains of trade and security
- a strong foundation for international careers in administration, diplomacy, policy formation and research
This course is suited to those with an interest in contemporary world affairs and a degree in a relevant subject, such as international relations, politics, European studies, history, sociology, economics or languages. It’s a highly relevant course if you’re interested in, or already working in, public policy, diplomacy, government, think tanks, NGOs, business and industry, or education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International relations theories
- Foreign policy analysis
- Scopes and methods of politics and international relations
- International organisations in world politics
- Comparative European politics
- Societal modernisation and the transformation of democracy
- International terrorism and counter-terrorism
- International security: theories and concepts
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development International Business View 540 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bath and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above.
- To apply for this course you should have an undergraduate degree in an appropriate subject such as European Studies, International Relations, Modern Languages, Politics, History, Economics or Sociology.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Master's scholarship opportunities for International Relations.
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.