The MSHIA is a 15-month fully online program that provides a unique integrated curriculum of health information management and business skills. You’ll participate in experiential coursework and build a vast community networking with a diverse group of professionals that will enrich you personally and professionally. The online learning format also allows for daily interactions with faculty and staff, as needed.The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). This accreditation is a prestigious, independent objective evaluation of a program’s health informatics education quality and workforce preparation provided by CAHIIM. Learn more about the CAHIIM accreditation.
Fully online 15-month program that begins in September
Integrated curriculum comprising both technical and management skills
World-class faculty with an international reputation for research in business analytics, databases, and project management
Professional development seminars that strengthen your team building, career development, and presentation skills
Cohort-based, lock-step structure that supports teamwork, collaboration, to establish a strong professional community that will support your career long after graduation.
Ample opportunities to interact and network with fellow students, faculty, and senior healthcare executives.
One of the few accredited programs by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM) and the only one housed in a business school
Graduates are ready to launch careers as medical informational executives, clinical data managers, health data analyst, healthcare IT project managers, and more.
Graduate-level credits earned at an accredited institution may be evaluated during the application process. The maximum number of graduate credits a student may transfer is 6.
- HIM 6682 Quality and Outcome Analytics
- HIM 6865 Healthcare Database Systems
- HIM 6527 Healthcare Information Security and Privacy
- HIM 6628 Healthcare Data Visualization
- HIM 5065 Introduction to Health and Health Informatics
- QMB 6357 Business Statistical Analysis
- HIM 6685 Clinical Information Systems
- HIM 6124 Technical and Data Architectures and Standards for Health Care
- HIM 6019 Legal and Ethical Aspects of Healthcare
- HIM 6517 Healthcare Project Management
- HIM 6267 Foundations of Health and Analytics Administration
- One of the following courses is required for the MSHIA degree:
- HIM 6125 Healthcare Informatics Capstone
- HIM 6858 Health Informatics/Analytics Practicum
- One of the following courses (selected at the Department’s discretion for each cohort) is required for the MSHIA degree:
- HIM 6694 Consumer Health Informatics
- HIM 6937 Special Topics
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Health Informatics View 240 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United States
Hold a four-year U.S. equivalent Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.Achieve a competitive score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE). FIU University's code is 5206.
Waiver of the requirement could be considered if either:a. If the applicant already completed a graduate degree in a directly related field from an accredited university with a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) or c. Having an analytics, business, computer science, engineering, healthcare, information systems, information technology, or math, or science undergraduate degree from an accredited school with an upper division grade point average (GPA) of 3.25, or higher, and have completed an internship.
- Provide a personal statement on the motivation to attend the program, including personal and career goals.
Waiver of the requirement could be considered if either:a. The applicant has a minimum of four (4) years of professional experience directly related to the program
International30000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30000 USD per year during 16 months.
National30000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30000 USD per year during 16 months.
In-State27500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27500 USD per year during 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.