Specifically designed for working professionals, this course combines online and intensive residential teaching.
This specialist MSc in Public Policy at University of Bath offers in-depth study of how public policy is made, what shapes it and how public policy professionals can make a difference in diverse contexts.
On the course, you will:
- investigate the political, economic and social dynamics that affect contemporary public policy
- examine how data and evidence in the digital environment are re-shaping how public policy is analysed, made and practised
- learn how to combine theory and practice to advance creative approaches for policy design and delivery
- develop your own policy specialism with the option to undertake work-related projects as part of your studies
Highly applied in nature, the course draws on diverse cases from policymaking globally, as well as from Europe and the UK. You will work with academics from the Institute for Policy Research, Department of Social & Policy Sciences, Department of Politics, Languages & International Studies and Department of Economics with international expertise in this area and links to senior public policy makers and experienced policy analysts.
You will leave the course with:
- advanced understanding of the concepts and tools used in public policymaking today, their application and limitations
- deeper knowledge of the contexts and constraints within which public policy is made
- confidence to apply creatively different policymaking tools, identifying new ways to achieve public policy goals
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public policy: theory, politics and practice
- Public policy and economics
- Evidence knowledge and data in public policy
- Public policy case analysis
- Either Public policy dissertation or Public policy portfolio
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Policy Political Science View 46 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above.
- To apply for this course you should have an undergraduate degree in an appropriate subject such as politics, political economy, human or political geography, sociology, economics, international relations, security or area studies.
- We will also consider graduates with an undergraduate degree in other subjects where you have relevant professional experience in any area of public policy.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English Language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5955 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5955 GBP per year during 24 months.
National5955 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5955 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.