Medicinal Chemistry at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University integrates academic development strategies with industry needs for high-quality medicinal chemists. Through the University of Liverpool's educational discipline and superior resources, students can obtain practical experience to better support the needs of industrial enterprises.
Our aim is to train the professionals who will receive a broad base of chemical knowledge, including but not limited to:
- Exploring the critical role of chemistry in the biomedical and pharmaceutical industries
- Solving key chemical challenges such as antibacterial resistance and human ageing
- Obtaining extensive practical experience and familiarity with modern instrumental, laboratory, and computational techniques
- Engaging in the design and synthesis of novel drug candidates
- Carrying out independent and creative R&D of new drugs in academic and industrial settings
- Understanding pertinent regulatory affairs, intellectual property regulations and related aspects of pharmaceutical manufacturing and development.
Medicinal Chemistry is an exciting, rapidly expanding area within the broad discipline of chemistry. This MRes Medicinal Chemistry programme aims to build a solid foundation for graduates to continue their research and advanced studies, as well as prepare them well for future career opportunities
A career in medicinal chemistry has nearly limitless potential. There is a huge global demand for medicinal chemistry professionals, especially in China, which will continue to grow over the coming years. Graduates have numerous employment opportunities in many areas of the pharmaceutical discipline, such as universities, government service, consulting and investment companies, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, etc; other emerging industries such as artificial intelligence and new energy are looking for Medicinal Chemistry professionals as well.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Medicinal Chemistry
- Modern Instrumentation Analytical Technologies
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Drug Formulation
- Computer-assisted Drug Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Human Medicine Pharmacy View 168 other Masters in Human Medicine in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate degree in chemistry, biological sciences, pharmaceutical science or related discipline.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25180 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National12590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25180 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
RMB 160,000 for the entire programme.
Living costs for Suzhou
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.