Global multilingualism has only increased with the growth of communications technologies, travel, and international trade. This cross-disciplinary programme will equip you with the knowledge and skills to understand multilingualism across the world, gain critical awareness of the issues surrounding language development, enhance intercultural communication abilities, and strengthen cooperation and collaboration among a wide range of diverse, international communities.
Why should I study Applied Linguistics (Specialisation in Multilingualism) at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University ?
- Learn from international staff who will introduce you to a range of perspectives on multilingualism from different disciplinary backgrounds, including linguistics, sociology, education, ethnography, etc.
- Obtain an understanding of the most pertinent linguistic issues facing the world today while maintaining a local perspective.
- Earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognized by the Chinese Ministry of Education
This programme prepares students for careers in the following sectors: government organisations, media and journalism, business, public relations, editing, teaching, and administration. In addition, the programme is a stepping stone for those who want to undertake a research degree in applied linguistics generally, and multilingualism in particular.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Multilingualism in society
- The politics of language in a globalized world
- Multilingual education and multilingual literacies
- Research Methods
- Discourse Analysis
- Language, globalization and mobility
- Current Issues in multilingualism research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 58 other Masters in Languages in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Bachelor Degree in language/applied linguistics. Applicants with a first degree in other subjects of the humanities and social sciences [in areas such as sociolinguistics, communication studies, ethnography, political science, and anthropology] will be considered on an individual basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18880 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National12586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18880 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
RMB 120,000 for the entire programme.
Living costs for Suzhou
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.