Students that complete the programme will have a wide range of skills, making them highly employable. Actuaries are greatly valued in the financial and insurance industries, as well as many other fields that demand data analysis and problem-solving capabilities.
Why study actuarial science at XJTLU?
- The actuarial and risk management professions are both challenging and highly rewarding. Financially and statistically, trained graduate actuaries are highly in-demand in the financial industry as well as in a wide range of other for-profit and non-profit sectors.
- XJTLU's Actuarial Science programme is recognised by various actuarial societies, such as the UK-based Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA), and has UCAP-AC accreditation from the Society of Actuaries (SOA) in North America.
- There are numerous opportunities to undertake internships and work placements at firms in the insurance and finance industries.
- Students will have access to a variety of resources from academic and professional platforms, including the Intelligent Computing and Financial Technology Laboratory (ICFT) and Research Institute of FinTech (RIFT).
- Our professional team offers powerful support, with members affiliated to IFoA, SOA, CAS (Casualty Actuarial Society), ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) and other actuarial societies, offering professional advice and up-to-date industry development.
Some of our graduates become actuarial trainees and study for professional examinations. Others embark on some of the following lucrative careers:
- Investment banking and investment management
- Commercial banking
- Financial analysis
- Computing and programming
- Research and teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Actuarial Mathematics
- Stochastic Modelling in Actuarial Science
- Actuarial Modelling
- Life Insurance Mathematics
- Statistics and Data Analytics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 9 other Masters in Actuarial Science in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor Degree in mathematics or related field or Industrial experience deemed to be the equivalent to an Honours degree in a mathematics-related discipline. Applicants for this category will have to comply with the University’s procedures for non-standard entry.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18880 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National12586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18880 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
RMB 120,000 for the entire programme.
Living costs for Suzhou
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.