The master is intended for engineers (or master’s holders with a sufficient background in mathematics) who wish to learn the foundations of AI and its applications in business and industry. The programme focuses on applications and engineering skills within an interdisciplinary programme with a strong academic foundation. The programme is aimed at both recent graduates and professionals. It was developed in collaboration with several key industrial partners and is jointly organised by the Faculty of Engineering Technology, Engineering Science, Economics and Business and Faculty of Science.
The Artificial Intelligence in Business and Industry programme from KU Leuven is aimed at engineers and other masters with a background in physics and mathematics. Whilst recently graduated students are welcome, the programme offers added value to professionals with field experience wishing to re- or upskill themselves in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
The programme consists of 4 thematical pillars that cover all aspects required in an AI-related education programme: AI Foundations, AI & Industry, AI & Business and AI & Society. The master’s thesis (with optional internship) completes the programme.
Graduates are qualified for roles in companies developing technologies that translate AI research findings into practical solutions for sectors such as healthcare, logistics, manufacturing, etc. Graduates can design, develop and evaluate innovative AI systems, typically up to the level of a prototype. Positions in these fields include process or quality engineers, consultants, product developers and researchers in the R&D-division.
Other professional possibilities include research departments embedded in a university, a research institute, a specialised SME or start-up, or an international company.
Engineering technologists are also needed to create viable instruments and processes, taking into account the need for verification and validation of the instrument or process. Alumni are also well prepared for entering a PhD programme.
KU Leuven Online Open Day
We are organising an online open day on Tuesday 1 December 2022 to inform students about our degree programmes. Discover Europe’s most innovative university and learn more about our international programmes, admissions, housing and much more. For more information, google “KU Leuven Online Open Day”.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Vision and Natural Language Processing
- Business Analytics
- Realization of AI
- Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Neural Networks and Deep Learning
- Machine Learning and Inductive Inference
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics Artificial Intelligence View 26 other Masters in Business Administration in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic background: All applicants need to have obtained a relevant master degree to enter this programme. Other applicants need to demonstrate that they have the necessary mathematical background, completed an academic four-year master programme (or equivalent), at least basic programming skills and are motivated to successfully complete this programme and willing to spend the required effort.
- English language proficiency: All applicants who have not obtained a previous diploma in a programme taught in English in Australia, English-speaking Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States of America must submit a certificate proving their proficiency in English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Gent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.