At Psychology (Conversion) Distance Learning from University of Roehampton you’ll learn to critically evaluate psychological theory and research, as well as training in quantitative and qualitative research methods. You'll have access to an online learning environment, including real-time (live) interactions with staff and other students online.
This programme is predominantly directed at students who wish to embark on a career as a chartered psychologist in the UK through further professional study that require Graduate Basis for Chartership with the BPS. It is also an exciting opportunity for those who seek a career change, require psychological knowledge for career advancement or have a general interest in psychology as a discipline.
- Historical and Conceptual Issues in Psychology
- Making Sense of the World
- Self and Identity
- Understanding Relationships
- Topics in Mental Health
- Applying Psychology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
September: If you are a prospective postgraduate student who has home fee status, then you can apply close to the start of the course of study. However, if you have international fee status and require a Tier 4 Visa, then you will normally need to apply much earlier.
- MSc: 180 credits
- PGDip: 120 credits
- PGCert: 60 credits
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences School Counselling View 18 other Masters in School Counselling in United Kingdom
- You should usually hold a second-class honours degree (certain programmes may require a 2:1) from a recognised British or overseas university.
- Language requirements
- Students must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a British University or equivalent as verified by NARIC. This can be in any subject, but for students with first degrees in non-STEM subjects there is an additional requirement to hold a GCSE grade C (or 4) or equivalent in Maths. Students with a BPS accredited first degree in Psychology, who achieved below a second-class honours degree and therefore failed to qualify for GBC, may be admitted in consultation with the programme convener.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.