Teaching staff have extensive experience supporting the development of bespoke learning programmes to develop unique professional skills, whilst working in collaboration with national governing bodies and public service organisations.
You’ll develop greater evidence-based appreciation for coaching practice, whilst collaborating with practitioners from a range of sporting disciplines to enrich your student experience.
Portfolio projects will be co-designed by you and your academic tutor to personalise content and structure to your learning needs and career aspirations. Alongside this, portfolio design can be completed via collaboration with your employer, CPD mentor or groups of coaches on the programme.
Recent students have used this portfolio process to create valuable professional development resources for their workplaces and personal networks, as well as national governing bodies of sport.
Careers after the Professional Development in Sports Coaching course at Hartpury College
All of Hartpury’s postgraduate coaching pathways regularly liaise to design, host and reflect upon coach development conferences and guest lecture visits, often utilising the Hartpury House listed building as a conference centre and specialist venue for continuing professional development.
Many portfolio projects include interviews and coach observations. Our network of connections, including recent MSc graduates and national governing body coach developers, provide numerous opportunities to blend data collection and professional networking within assessment tasks.
- Alongside taught modules that explore the principles underpinning effective coaching and pedagogy, you’ll complete individualised work-based portfolio projects, allowing you to link practice to theory, and then back to practice again.
- Core and optional coaching modules, studied alongside MSc Sports Coaching students, will enable the valuable sharing of best practice. Recent topics have included the craft of coaching practice, coach philosophy, language, behaviour and planning.
- Knowledge gained will support you to collate your experiences in an extended work-based portfolio project, designed and complete in partnership with your personal academic sports tutor, who will have a wealth of sports coaching industry experience.
- Your portfolio can focus on practice within your current workplace role or used to plan and explore future developments linked to your coaching environment and career progression plans.
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSports Management Coaching Sports Sciences View 373 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
2:1 honours degree in a relevant subject. Students with 2:2 and relevant experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
Students with non-relevant qualifications but with significant vocational or professional experience will be considered on an individual basis after an extended opportunity to review course materials, seminar calendars and past assignment outputs.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Postgraduate Diploma: £6,000
Living costs for Gloucester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.