Pursue big global issues
Join the Applied Agricultural Sciences programme at Hartpury College and pursue key agricultural solutions to today’s industry challenges of climate change, sustainability, resource management, food security, food safety and an increasing world population.
Supported by our academic and industry experts, you’ll understand how scientific theory can be used to improve professional practice.
Lead agricultural innovation
Our government-backed £2million Agri-Tech Centre and Digital Innovation Farm project have been designed to make us a leading national voice in agri-science.
You’ll be part of this initiative, playing an active role in our smart farming platform where knowledge and digital technology combine. Our smart tech, robotics and precision tools will place you at the forefront of agricultural data and science.
Create a sustainable future
You’ll have access to laboratories, our 400-hectare award-winning commercial farm (dairy, beef, sheep and arable) and smart farming initiatives. You’ll be supported to maximise learning opportunities in the real-world both inside and outside your studies, to help provide sustainable solutions for modern industry challenges.
You’ll have opportunities to learn directly on our commercial farm that works with Sainsbury’s, Muller, Glencore and Frontier, among others. You’ll also benefit from our extensive industry networks including GFirstLEP, NFU, Foyle Food Group and Agrii.
- The master’s degree focuses on the science of agricultural production, focused on meeting current industry sustainability challenges.
- A central theme will be investigating how science can support industry to conserve natural resources; this is increasingly vital as resources become scarce and pressure to meet sustainable developments goals (SDGs) increases. You’ll evaluate effective measurement models, understanding how farming systems support the effective management of natural, manufactured and human resources, to maximise sustainability and business profitability.
- To enhance your learning, you’ll engage in new ways with your own professional practice, increasing your ability to relate academic theory to the work environment. This will ensure you’re building identified work-related skills - intellectual, transferable and subject specific - to enhance your career.
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesAgriculture Horticulture View 49 other Masters in Agriculture in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
2:1 honours degree in a relevant subject. Students with 2:2 and relevant experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
Students with non-relevant qualifications but with sufficient work experience or professional experience will be considered on an individual basis.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Postgraduate Diploma: £6,000
- Postgraduate Certificate: £3,000
Living costs for Gloucester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.