- Understand acoustic design and practice as a vital component in environments where creative industries function
- Recognise the intrinsic relationship between audio systems and the environments in which they operate
- Develop a broad understanding of the behaviour of sound in all scenarios
- Build technical and practical skills in the measurement, evaluation and design of audio systems and acoustic environments
- Explore the areas of interfacing, interactivity and spatial audio
- Practise listening to audio systems and acoustic environments and develop your ability to complete their set up and evaluation independently
Sustainability, wellbeing and environmental issues will be at the heart of this course. You’ll address these challenges head on to gain the knowledge and skills to make a real difference in your career.
The creative industries are increasingly reliant on complex technologies and the commercial world is constantly looking for new ways to deliver sonic experiences. Upon graduation, you could work with and design the audio and acoustic technologies of the future. Job roles could include:
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Audio & Acoustics Engineering
- Interfaces & Interactivity
- Research Practice
- Negotiated Skills Development
- Audio, Acoustics Wellbeing & the Environment
- Spatial Audio Applications
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesMusic Environmental Sciences View 334 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Leeds Beckett University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment. Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Music Technology, Audio Engineering or Audio Technology, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.