Over 90% of crime is now recognised as having a digital element and the UK Government has stated that digital forensic science sits at the heart of delivering justice in the 21st century, spanning the entire criminal justice system from crime scene to courtroom.
The new MSc in Digital Forensics, offered by Cranfield University in partnership with CCL Solutions Group, (CCL) will seek to address the academically orientated operational needs of UK policing and serious skills shortage of educated and trained individuals in the field to fill digital forensic positions and support the UK’s criminal justice system.
In 2020, Cranfield Forensic Institute successfully secured £3.6 million funding from the South East Midlands Local Enterprise Partnership (SEMLEP) Local Growth Fund as matched funding to investment of £3.6 million by Cranfield University to create a state-of-the-art forensic investigation teaching and research facility at its Bedfordshire campus near Milton Keynes.
The programme offers a highly effective springboard into many career opportunities. These include employment routes to Government and non-Governmental bodies, police departments and independent digital forensic consultants. It is also a necessary introduction that leads into conducting research at PhD level in the subject. The Digital Forensics MSc could be an important stepping-stone to an academic career in Digital Forensics.
- Courtroom Skills
- Investigation and Evidence Collection
- Digital Forensics Techniques and Traces
- Internet Based Investigations
- Programming for Digital Forensics
- Mobile Device Forensics
- 13 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesForensic Science View 120 other Masters in Forensic Science in United Kingdom
- A first- or second-class Honours BSc or equivalent in Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Information Security, Forensic Science. Students with other degrees who can show a knowledge of and interest in the subject will also be considered. These might include graduates working in relevant professional fields of study, including forensic science, information technology, forensic engineering, and law.
- For those applicants looking to apply through the experiential route, then you will require at least seven years’ experience as a practitioner in e.g., digital forensics, information technology or forensic science.
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26000 GBP for the full programme during 13 months.
National13846 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP for the full programme during 13 months.
- MSc Full-time £15,000
- MSc Part-time £15,000
- PgDip Full-time £11,000
- PgDip Part-time £11,000
- PgCert Full-time £5,000
- PgCert Part-time £5,000
- MSc Full-time £26,000
- MSc Part-time £26,000
- PgDip Full-time £18,500
- PgDip Part-time £18,500
- PgCert Full-time £8,100
- PgCert Part-time £8,100
Living costs for Cranfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.