What you'll learn in The Mechanics of Derivatives and Financial Products course at Middlesex University
- The rationale, mechanics and risks/rewards for investors in a variety of financial instruments
- These include options, futures, swaps, structured products, exchange traded funds and other collective investment vehicles - considered from the perspectives of the hedger, the speculator and, on the sell side, from the perspective of the originators and structurers
- How these instruments function, the markets and platforms upon which they trade, and the motivations behind the selection of such instruments in constructing an investment portfolio
Postgraduate certificate option
You have the option to receive a postgraduate certificate validated by Middlesex University Business School.
You will need to submit an additional marked assignment of 5000 words, based on a continuing case study that runs throughout the duration of the course.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Equities, Global Equity Markets and Indices
- Fixed Income Securities
- Money Market Securities, Foreign Exchange and Settlement
- Exchange Traded Funds and Collective Investment Schemes
- Exchange Traded Derivatives: Futures and Options
- Key Elements of Swaps
- Risk Management with Derivatives
- Trading Derivatives, Hedging and Investment Strategies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 4 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 121 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1999 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1999 GBP for the full programme during 4 months.
National1999 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1999 GBP for the full programme during 4 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.