What you’ll learn in The Mechanics of Health Economics course at Middlesex University
- The structure and operation of the international pharmaceutical industry and evaluate how they interact with each other
- The role of budgeting and financial management within public and private sector healthcare and how to construct, manage and assess healthcare budgets
- Investment processes within health and how to audit, build and use Excel models for health investment decision-making
- How to understand the complexities of contracts and legal issues within the health industry
- How to apply risk analysis and evaluation techniques for health investment and risk management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Demography, illness and medicine
- Public sector health provision and investment: personnel, facilities and management
- The pharmaceutical industry, r&d and the future
- Private and quasi-private sector health arrangements: payment structures, services and institutions
- Measuring healthcare costs, budgets and performance
- Healthcare capital investment and management decision-making
- Contracting out and Public-Private Partenerships (PPP) in healthcare
- Financial structures in healthcare investment and operation
- Contracts for healthcare projects: construction, finance, service provision and operation
- Risks and risk mitigation techniques in healthcare investment and management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 5 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEconomics Health Sciences View 53 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1799 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1799 GBP for the full programme during 5 months.
National1799 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1799 GBP for the full programme during 5 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.