The Translation and Interpreting - Chinese program at the Hunter College is a 30-credit two-year curriculum for full time students and may be completed within five years on a part time basis. In translation studies students will explore the key domains of legal, medical, and business translation, as well as a range of new media contents (films, podcasts, websites, blog posts, etc.); in interpretation, students will receive practical training in consecutive, conference and community oral interpreting and sight translation, simulating an array of social service, educational, and healthcare settings; coursework will include foundational studies in machine translation technologies, software localization, and terminology management systems. Internship and study away opportunities will be an integral part of the program.
Applicants matriculating with an undergraduate major in Chinese or Chinese Translation and Interpretation may have their language testing requirement waived based on their academic record and the recommendation of a language faculty; they may also first register for classes in this program as a non-degree student while awaiting the admissions process.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Market Strategies & Critical Perspectives in Translation (Chinese/English)
- Revising and Editing in Translation (English<>Chinese)
- Translation in Commercial Affairs (Chinese to English)
- Fundamentals of Chinese-English Sight Translation & Interpreting
- Interpreting in the Legal Domain (Chinese<>English)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Translation & Interpreting Linguistics View 35 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All undergraduate transcripts
- A personal statement in English (declare Language A & B)
- Two letters of recommendation (those with industry experience should submit one academic and one professional)
- For students who completed their bachelor’s degree in a language other than English, submit your TOEFL IBT or CBT score. (The School of Arts and Science requires a minimum 80/213 for graduate studies.)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25650 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 EUR per year during 12 months.
National25650 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 EUR per year during 12 months.
In-State11090 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11090 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.