The rapid expansion and increased availability of quantitative data in recent years provides policymakers with both important opportunities and great challenges. The vast size and complexity of digital information can improve how we understand, design, implement, and evaluate effective public policy. However, translating this wealth of information into useful insight requires a deep understanding of cutting-edge data-science methods, rich technical skills, and detailed knowledge about economic and political processes.
This The Data Science and Public Policy (Economics) program from University College London (UCL) will provide you with intensive training in applied data-science methods, computer programming, statistics, and machine learning, with a focus on applying these tools to questions in public policy. You will also take specialised modules in economics through which you will develop a strong understanding of key issues in public policy formation, development and analysis using economic theory. The programme features a combination of compulsory modules and options, enabling you to chart your own path.
The programme is designed to teach you the knowledge and skills required to provide insight into important questions in public policy using advanced statistical methods. A series of in-depth substantive modules, delivered by economists and political scientists, will provide you with the analytical tools to think deeply about important questions in policymaking. The methodological training will enable you to understand and, crucially, apply cutting-edge quantitative methods to real-world problems. Our research-based curriculum promotes a variety of research skills, which will enable you to understand, and contribute to, quantitative analyses of public policy.
- Machine Learning in Economics
- Statistical Learning for Public Policy
- Statistical Programming for Social Data Science
- Data, Evidence and Public Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesEconomics Public Policy Data Science & Big Data View 347 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in Economics with a significant quantitative component from a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. Applicants with a qualification of an equivalent standard in another quantitative discipline, e.g. statistics, mathematics, or physics, may also be considered.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.