The qualifications and experience provided by the program provide local and international employment prospects at a time when there is an increasing demand for Data Scientists worldwide.
Students at the Data Science program at American College of Greece Online learn to turn real-world data into insights, solutions, and tools that drive decision-making in organizations. Students develop expertise in analyzing various types of data including business transaction data, text data, and images. The program equips participants with a well-calibrated, theoretical, and practical synthesis of applied mathematics, computer science, statistics, and business information skills.
Unique Program Features
- NECHE Accreditation
- Embedded Professional Certificate in Business Intelligence and Data Mining with SAS.
- Hands-on experience and practice in lab settings.
- Free software through Microsoft alliance
- Instructors with international teaching and research experience
- Appropriate for students with a non-IT background with preparatory bridge courses
Career OpportunitiesThere is great demand for Data Scientists in Greece as well as internationally. Graduates of the program pursue careers in the field of data science and analytics such as: Business Data Analysist, Data Engineer, Data Scientist, and Big Data Engineer. Furthermore, they are employed in companies specializing in information technologies, finance and insurance, retail settings, professional services, manufacturing, start-ups and more.
Programme StructureRequired Courses
- Big Data
- Exploring and Analyzing Data
- Applied Machine Learning
- Data Visualization
- Knowledge Graphs
- Big Data Architectures
- Search Engines and Web Mining
- Machine Vision in Data Science
- Natural Language Processing
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at American College of Greece and/or in Greece, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Economics, or Business with an average grade of B or better. Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a discipline other than these above may still be admitted if they complete coursework from the Graduate Certificate in Computer Science or any equivalent conversion program.
- Evidence of strong motivation to undertake graduate-level study in Data Science to be determined by the interview and the personal statement submitted with the application form.
- Proficiency in the English language evidenced through one of the following: TOEFL, IELTS, or Proficiency. DEREE College graduates and graduates from other accredited English-speaking institutions are not required to submit evidence of Proficiency in the English language.
International9720 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9720 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA9720 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9720 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.