You’ll have the choice of four specialist routes – learning and teaching; leadership and management; inclusive practice; and applied linguistics. You’ll also have the option to change your specialism after Stage 1, giving you the opportunity to study two specialisms within one qualification. Your final dissertation module (with the exception of the applied linguistics route) gives you the choice of a small-scale inquiry on a topic of your choice, or you can opt to complete an extended literature review and research proposal relevant to your own educational professional interests and practice.
Throughout the world there is an increasing demand for creative, innovative education professionals who have highly developed skills and a deep understanding of learning. In many countries a masters degree is becoming essential for career advancement in education, training and professional development settings.
- demonstrate self-direction and originality in tackling and solving problems at a professional or equivalent level
- reflect critically and constructively, in the light of ideas and frameworks presented in the modules, on how these apply to your practice and organisational context.
You will also acquire qualities and transferable skills that are highly prized by employers within education and related fields, such as:
- exercising initiative and personal responsibility
- the ability to make decisions in complex and unpredictable situations
- the ability to draw on appropriate research and ethical understanding
- the production of reports/outputs for academic and professional purposes.
You will be guided through the materials on how you can recognise and acknowledge these additional skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You’ll choose ONE of four specialisms:
- applied linguistics
- inclusive practice
- leadership and management
- learning and teaching
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 102 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To study for this masters degree course you must hold a bachelors degree from a UK university or other recognised degree-awarding body, or a qualification at equivalent level.
- The multi-disciplinary dissertation at Stage 3 – Masters multi-disciplinary dissertation: education, childhood and youth (E822) – provides optionality (as do other modules in the qualification in which you are required to engage with research activity), to either undertake a small-scale investigation or an extended literature review and research proposal.
- Please note: It is a legal requirement in the UK, rather than an Open University requirement, that you must obtain Enhanced DBS clearance (or equivalent in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) in order to work with children on the module, Masters multi-disciplinary dissertation: education, childhood and youth (E822).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3410 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10230 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
National3410 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10230 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.