This Master of Laws at The Open University UK takes a critical legal approach to study, using different perspectives and case studies to illustrate, explore, compare and contextualise topical legal issues. You will explore the interaction of law, law making bodies, institutions and regulators in an international context, the role and function of law in an increasingly global society, and the role of states, international institutions and multi-national companies. You will also consider contemporary legal issues such as corporate social responsibility, trans-national crime, humanitarian aid and security.
There is a growing demand for professionals who have an in-depth understanding of the role and purpose of law in our increasingly global society, and the associated advanced legal research and reasoning skills.This degree will contribute to your career development by providing transferable skills that are highly valued by employers. Typically, holders of the LLM will:
- deal with complex legal issues both systematically and creatively
- communicate their subject knowledge clearly to specialist and non-specialist audiences
- demonstrate self-direction and originality in tackling and solving problems
- act autonomously in planning and implementing tasks
- reflect on the responsibilities linked to the application of knowledge
- demonstrate the ability to conceive, design, implement and adapt a substantial piece of independent research with scholarly integrity
- exercise initiative and personal responsibility
- be able to develop a persuasive legal argument based on evidence
- demonstrate independent learning ability required for continuing professional development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Exploring legal meaning
- Exploring the boundaries of international law
- Business, human rights law and corporate social responsibility
- European Union law
- Exploring legal boundaries
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 55 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You should hold a UK honours degree (or equivalent or recognised overseas qualification) or relevant professional legal experience. Various higher education and professional qualifications are considered equivalent to an honours degree. If you hold a qualification that you believe is an equivalent level to a UK honours degree or if you lack formal academic qualifications but have relevant work experience, please speak to an adviser.
- The modules are taught in English, and your spoken and written English must be of an adequate standard for postgraduate study. If English is not your first language, we recommend that you seek assessment under the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3986 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11959 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
National3986 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11959 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.