In its career progression tips, the Royal College of Nursing emphasises the value of the Nursing Studies MSc degrees and the importance of building your professional network.
The 100% online MSc Nursing Studies from the University of Sunderland has been designed to equip registered nurses in the UK and across the world with the knowledge, skills and network to succeed in senior nursing, midwifery and healthcare roles and to advance to higher pay bands, or develop greater depth and understanding within their current roles and scope of practice.
This is a master’s degree that builds on your current experience to further develop your knowledge, skills and capacity in the four pillars of advanced practice (as defined by Health Education England) – education, research, clinical practice and leadership – through a combination of studying key theories, approaches and the available evidence base, using case-based analysis and critical appraisal skills.
What will you study?
Studying for the MSc Nursing Studies, you will learn how to critically evaluate current research and advance scholarship that is specifically related to nursing and healthcare, including teaching and learning, leadership and service or practice development and improvement.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quality Improvement, Innovation and Change in Health and Care Settings
- Contemporary Leadership and Strategic Approaches in Global Health and Care Policy
- Health Inequalities and Determinants of Health
- Innovation in Education: Supporting Workforce Diversity
- Contemporary Nursing: the Advanced Practitioner
- Contemporary Nursing: the E Nurse
- Meaningful Patient Carer and Public Involvement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 277 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Registered with NMC or equivalent
- At least a UK 2.2 undergraduate honours degree or UK master’s degree in nursing or a health-related discipline (or international equivalent)
- A third-class or UK ordinary degree with 18 months of relevant work experience
- This programme does not lead to NMC qualification or to qualification as an Advanced Clinical Practitioner.
- NMC registration is accepted as proof of English language ability.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7200 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National3600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7200 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
£7,200 total fees, option to pay £600 per module
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.