The 100% online MSc Computer Science from the the University of Sunderland has been designed for ambitious individuals who aren’t from a computer science background and who want to launch a new career in computer science or want to incorporate computer science expertise and knowledge into their current field as a means of accelerating their career progression.
This online computer science master’s is also open to professionals who work in computer science roles and want to gain an academic qualification to enhance their credentials and career prospects. Studying the course, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to effectively specify, design, implement and support IT systems in the real world.
What will you study?
Studying the online MSc Computer Science, you will gain practical skills in areas including networking, databases, programming, and web design and development. Through our taught modules, you will develop fundamental knowledge in cyber security, data science and machine learning, essential assets in today’s computer science and IT employment market. You will have the opportunity to gain an understanding of current cutting-edge research and technical developments in the field, as well as the chance to develop computing solutions to real-world problems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Science Principles and Practice
- Web Design and Development
- Computer Architectures and Networks
- Software Engineering
- Secure Database Systems
- Data Science Principles
- Cybersecurity Essentials
- Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Research Project Proposal
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 31 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Sunderland Online and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- At least a UK 2.2 undergraduate degree
- A UK master’s degree (or international equivalent)
- A third-class honours degree or an ordinary degree (without honours) or UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of two years’ appropriate work experience
- Applicants who do not hold a recognised degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates a minimum of three years’ relevant organisational experience
- The work experience must be at a graduate level, in either a managerial or professional capacity which may include voluntary work, placements, internships, or project management
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6780 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6780 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National6780 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6780 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
£6,780 total fees, option to pay £565 per module
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.