Why study this course
The Practical Dermatology programme at Cardiff University is for practising General Practitioners or other practising doctors who regularly deal with patients with dermatological problems.
This one-year, full-time distance learning course aims to enable doctors to successfully manage dermatological problems in patients presenting to their surgeries. It is a highly interactive programme designed to equip the general practitioner with a sound understanding of skin disease as it presents in practice.
It is delivered entirely online, allowing you the flexibility to balance your studies with your professional and personal commitments, and there is no requirement to travel to Cardiff for a final exam.
Those who successfully complete the PgDip and wish to pursue further studies in this field may be able to apply to progress to our one-year MSc in Practical Dermatology students are expected to use their individual study time to complete the modular learning material, which is available online, and complete further reading from dermatology text books and searches for material in journal articles and libraries. The success of the course therefore depends, to a large extent, on the input and enthusiasm of course participants.
- Skin Lesions
- Special Cutaneous Sites
- Inflammatory Dermatoses
- Environmental Challenges in Practical Dermatology
- Demographic Subgroups in Practical Dermatology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 254 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must hold an undergraduate degree in clinical medicine (MBBCh, BMBS, MBBS, or equivalent) awarded by a recognised institution
- Be currently working and managing patients, with part of their clinical practice involving the care of patients with skin problems. This is required in order to complete the case histories required on the course. Please ensure this is clearly confirmed in your personal statement.
- Hold continuing professional registration with a relevant medical body prior to and for the full duration of the programme.
- Provide evidence of English language ability.
International17900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10950 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.