Global outbreaks of infectious diseases such as Ebola, SARS and the current Covid-19 pandemic provide potent reminders that infectious diseases remain a present and real danger to the health of the world.
Increasing global travel, the continued emergence of new infectious diseases, antibiotic-resistant organisms, and a growing population, the role that infectious diseases specialists will have in the health of everyone in society is highly likely to increase significantly.
After completion of the Infectious Diseases (Online) programme from Diploma MSc you will:
- Be equipped with a systematic understanding of major infectious diseases, from pathogenesis through to diagnosis and treatment
- Have developed skills in critical appraisal and application of knowledge for ongoing professional development, service improvement and future study, as well as life-long learning and advanced problem-solving skills that they can apply to clinical practice in infectious disease.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to lead complex tasks and teamwork in the field of infectious disease, and be enabled to deliver leadership to teams in multi-agency, multi-cultural and/or international contexts.
- Be enabled to critically evaluate both the current and evolving evidence base in infectious disease.
- Be equipped with a systematic understanding of evidence-based medicine in relation to infectious disease.
- Have relevant understanding, methodologies and approaches to address complex patient needs and implement best practice and innovation in complex scenarios.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Immunology and biology of host-pathogen interaction
- Bacterial infections
- Viral infections
- Fungi, parasites and tropical disease
- Epidemiology, public health, infection control and pandemics
- Infections in special groups
- Research Methodologies and Critical Appraisal
- Professional Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Pharmacy View 150 other Masters in Pharmacy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Since our courses are conducted entirely online, they are accessible to both UK and international registered healthcare professionals.
- Applicants will typically hold a first degree or equivalent (including international qualifications) in a relevant professional healthcare field, such as a medical or nursing degree. Registered healthcare professionals without these recognised qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and a wide range of prior experience may be taken into account.
- Proficiency in the English language is also essential to completing our courses. If English is NOT your first language, we ask for proof of competency during the application process. We are able to accept an IELTS overall score of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 for each band) or an equivalent qualification.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4440 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8880 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National4440 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8880 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.