At Petroleum Engineering Technology from Northern Alberta Institute of Technology you will earn from experienced professionals in state-of-the-art labs that utilize industry-standard tools and equipment, working oil and gas systems and high-tech, custom-made simulators.
Graduates are in high demand in the energy industry in exploration, production and pipeline sectors. Employers include oil and gas companies, oilfield service companies and regulatory agencies such as the Alberta Energy Regulator.
Graduates can find employment domestically, or in oil and gas producing regions around the world.
- Petroleum Geology
- Technical Mathematics and Software Applications
- Petroleum Operations and Equipment
- Safety Studies and Certifications
- Fluid Mechanics
- General, Physical and Organic Chemistry
- Technical Communications
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications can be submitted any time, but we recommend submitting your application at least 90 days before the application deadline.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Geology Mining, Oil & Gas View 16 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in Canada
- English 30-1 or English 30-2
- Math 30-1 or Math 30-2
- One of: Chemistry 20, Physics 20, or Science 30
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- OR Successful completion of minimum 24 post-secondary credits or 8 post-secondary courses within an accredited or recognized degree or diploma in a related field (engineering or engineering technology) with an Admission GPA of 2.0 based on the most recently completed post-secondary credits.
International14040 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 468 CAD per credit during 24 months.
National4500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 150 CAD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Edmonton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.