Geomatics Engineering Technology from Northern Alberta Institute of Technology emphasizes the use of technology for data collection, including electronic equipment for measuring, satellites for positioning and computers for processing data. You'll learn how to effectively apply the latest tools and techniques to generate plans used across a wide variety of professional disciplines.
Typical employers include:
- legal survey firms
- engineering consultant firms
- utility companies
- energy and resource development companies
- federal, provincial and municipal government departments
- Excel, Word, and AutoCAD
- Effective Communications
- Technical Mathematics
- Survey Calculations
- Field Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications can be submitted any time, but we recommend submitting your application at least 90 days before the application deadline.
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Geology General Engineering & Technology View 42 other Masters in Geology in Canada
- English 30-1 or English 30-2
- Math 30-1 or 75% in Math 30-2 or 75% in Applied Math 30
- One of: Physics 20, Chemistry 30, or Science 30
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- OR Successful completion of minimum 24 post-secondary credits or 8 post-secondary courses within an accredited or recognized degree or diploma in a related field (engineering or engineering technology) with an Admission GPA of 2.0 based on the most recently completed post-secondary credits
International18660 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 622 CAD per credit during 24 months.
National4680 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 CAD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Edmonton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.