At Geological Technology GeoEnvironmental from Northern Alberta Institute of Technology you’ll also develop foundational mathematics, chemistry and applied science knowledge and receive essential safety training to ensure you and your colleagues are safe in the field.
Initial job placements for graduates are often:
- technologists working with environmental consulting firms
- technologists working in mineral exploration
- technologists working with resources companies (mineral, petroleum, coal, etc.)
- technologists working with regulatory agencies
- technologists working with oil companies and oilfield service companies
- General, Physical and Organic Chemistry
- Technical Communications
- Physical Hydrogeology
- Physical Geology
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Pre-Calculus and Data Management
- Geologic Structures and Mapping
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications can be submitted any time, but we recommend submitting your application at least 90 days before the application deadline.
DisciplinesGeology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Environmental Sciences View 108 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Canada
- English 30-1 or English 30-2
- Math 30-1 or Math 30-2
- One of: Biology 20, Chemistry 20, Physics 20, or Science 30
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- OR Successful completion of minimum 24 post-secondary credits or 8 post-secondary courses within an accredited or recognized degree or diploma in a related field (engineering or engineering technology) with an Admission GPA of 2.0 based on the most recently completed post-secondary credits.
International13980 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 466 CAD per credit during 24 months.
National3750 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 125 CAD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Edmonton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.