This Pharmaceutical Technology MSc at King's College London has a strong scientific base, designed specifically to improve the skills of pharmacists and graduates with life sciences, chemistry and chemical engineering backgrounds. You will gain hands-on practical experience with some of the most advanced techniques and instruments, and conduct research with experts in the field.
- Well-equipped laboratories give you lots of ‘hands-on’ time with a range of modern techniques and instruments.
- You will learn about the art of developing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients into medicinal products.
- Opportunity to undertake an extended project of your choosing in the labs of internationally- rated scientists.
Career prospectsOur recent graduates have gone on to study for PhDs, to work in R&D laboratories in the pharmaceutical industry or to careers in biotech. Our overseas students have taken the skills and knowledge they develop with us to similar positions in their home countries.
- Principles of Drug Delivery and Drug Disposition
- Core Analytical Sciences
- Advanced Analytical Techniques, Numerical Methods and Regulatory Affairs
- Drug Delivery: Solid Dosage Forms
- Drug Delivery: Liquid Dosage Forms and Microbiology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPharmacy Biotechnology View 126 other Masters in Biotechnology in United Kingdom
- Minimum 2:1 first degree or overseas equivalent in pharmacy, chemical engineering, chemistry, materials or other relevant subject or an overseas equivalent.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Two references are required with at least one academic.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International26550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26550 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA12750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12750 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK fees: £8,375 per year
- Overseas fees: £13,275 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.