Chemical Engineering Technology from Northern Alberta Institute of Technology focuses on hydrocarbon and chemical processing, upgrading of heavy oil and bitumen, and pulp and paper manufacturing. It also opens doors to further education should you desire to continue your professional development.
- Oil and gas production and refining
- Pipeline operations
- Petrochemical and chemical production operations
- Oil field service and supply
- Chemical sales
- Equipment design and fabrication
- General, Physical and Organic Chemistry for Chemical Engineering Technologists
- Chemical Process Technology
- Safety Studies and Certification
- Fluid Mechanics
- Technical Communications
- Technical Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Applications
- Oil and Gas Processing Technologies
- Chemical Engineering and Testing Lab
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications can be submitted any time, but we recommend submitting your application at least 90 days before the application deadline.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 159 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Canada
- English 30-1 or English 30-2
- Math 30-1 or Math 30-2
- One of: Chemistry 20, Physics 20, or Science 30
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Or Successful completion of minimum 24 post-secondary credits or 8 post-secondary courses within an accredited or recognized degree or diploma in a related field (engineering or engineering technology) with an Admission GPA of 2.0 based on the most recently completed post-secondary credits.
International15480 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 516 CAD per credit during 24 months.
National4740 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 158 CAD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Edmonton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.