Chemical Technology from Northern Alberta Institute of Technology emphasizes the application of standard and specialized laboratory techniques across scientific disciplines. Training is lab-focused; you'll gain practical, job-ready experience using a variety of modern laboratory instruments and computer applications in NAIT's advanced Centre for Chemical Studies.
- The chemical industry, involving the manufacture of a variety of inorganic and organic chemicals
- The petroleum industry, involving the production and testing of fuels and lubricants
- The environmental field, involving the identification and analysis of environmental pollutants
- Laboratory support to the mining, food and agricultural industries
- Biotechnology and forensic laboratories
- Research laboratories at universities, colleges, industrial R&D facilities and government agencies
- Safety and Techniques
- Chemical Principles
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Technical Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Applications
- Quantitative Analysis
- Intermediate Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Effective Communications
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications can be submitted any time, but we recommend submitting your application at least 90 days before the application deadline.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 80 other Masters in Chemistry in Canada
- English 30-1 or English 30-2
- Math 30-1 or Math 30-2 or Applied Math 30
- Chemistry 30
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Or Successful completion of minimum 24 post-secondary credits or 8 post-secondary courses within an accredited or recognized degree or diploma in a related field (engineering or engineering technology) with an Admission GPA of 2.0 based on the most recently completed post-secondary credits.
International18090 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 603 CAD per credit during 24 months.
National4740 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 158 CAD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Edmonton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.