At Biological Sciences Technology Environmental Monitoring and Assessment from Northern Alberta Institute of Technology students learn how to monitor and assess environmental quality, apply principles of quality assurance/quality control, manage waste, and reclaim and remediate land. Graduates may conduct environmental site assessments, collect samples from surface and ground water, air, soil and waste, or analyze samples for pollutants in an environmental lab. They work with industry, consultants or government on land and water remediation and reclamation, and investigate environmental issues for various research groups.
- Environmental laboratories and services companies
- Engineering and oil & gas companies
- Post-secondary institutions
- Vertebrate and Invertebrate Zoology
- Workplace Skills Development
- Applied Plant Morphology and Identification
- Organic Chemistry in Environmental Assessment & Monitoring
- Collection and Analysis of Spatial Data
- Soil Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications can be submitted any time, but we recommend submitting your application at least 90 days before the application deadline.
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Microbiology View 135 other Masters in Biology in Canada
- English 30-1 or English 30-2
- Math 30-1 or Math 30-2 or Applied Math 30 or Physics 30
- Biology 30
- Chemistry 30
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Or successful completion of minimum 24 post-secondary credits or 8 post-secondary courses within an accredited or recognized degree or diploma in a related field (natural resources or environmental sciences) with an Admission GPA of 2.0 based on the most recently completed post-secondary credits.
International15330 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 511 CAD per credit during 24 months.
National4290 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 143 CAD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Edmonton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.