At Biological Sciences Technology Laboratory Research and Biotechnology from Northern Alberta Institute of Technology you’ll be familiar with how to use and apply current technologies and research methods in animal physiology, molecular biology, cell culture, immunology, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, and microbiology. You’ll be shown the importance of effective communication and lab competency, and learn to work safely and efficiently in a team environment.
- The biotechnology industry
- Medical research (e.g. cancer, diabetes, cardiac or colitis research)
- Pharmaceutical companies
- The agriculture and food industry
- Microbiology and virology
- Analytical chemistry labs
- Waste water treatment
- Post-secondary institutions
- Laboratory Techniques and Calculations
- Biological Diversity
- Inorganic and Organic Chemistry in Biology
- Communications in the Biological Sciences
- Laboratory Safety and Advanced Techniques
- Molecular Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications can be submitted any time, but we recommend submitting your application at least 90 days before the application deadline.
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Biochemistry View 121 other Masters in Biology in Canada
- English 30-1 or English 30-2
- Math 30-1 or Math 30-2 or Applied Math 30 or Physics 30
- Biology 30
- Chemistry 30
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Or Successful completion of minimum 24 post-secondary credits or 8 post-secondary courses within an accredited or recognized degree or diploma in a related field (natural resources or environmental sciences) with an Admission GPA of 2.0 based on the most recently completed post-secondary credits.
International15330 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 511 CAD per credit during 24 months.
National4290 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 143 CAD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Edmonton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.