In response to the global problems of the 21st century, international cooperation is becoming increasingly important. Solutions based on partnership and intercultural understanding are indispensable. Not only are the contractual contents of international cooperation and political integration projects decisive, but their administrative implementation plays a vital role.
Governmental and non-governmental administrations in both the global North and the global South need increased expertise in understanding international contexts. The Public Management in International Cooperation programme at University of Applied Sciences Kehl aims to bridge administrative barriers in international cooperation and collaboration, particularly between Germany/Europe and Africa, but also intra-Africa, for example between East and West Africa.
The existing administrative expertise at Kehl University of Applied Sciences and its partner universities is used to enable students to implement and optimise sustainable process architectures in European-African and intra-African cooperation. This involves joint planning of objectives and measures, consideration of the elementary framework conditions of the specific partners, constructive design of success-critical core processes, appropriate distribution of central roles, establishment of joint evaluation and monitoring processes in order to stabilize partnerships, reduce costs, increase efficiency and implement contents in a sustainable manner.
The future graduates of the master’s programme will particularly hold expert and management positions in the following working fields:
1. State administrations of all levels that fulfil international functions, particularly in international cooperation.
- State administrations of the North ranging from the policy- and programme-forming ministerial level to the municipal level where direct partnerships with regional and local authorities (town twinning and city networks) and NGOs of the South are maintained.
- State administrations of the South which are involved in international cooperation as direct implementing partners or are active in other international cooperation projects – such as intra-African cooperation and integration processes.
2. Administrations of NGOs which fulfil international functions, particularly in international cooperation.
- NGOs of the North with functions in international politics, in the political education of adults, or in the implementation of measures in countries of the South with or without government support.
- NGOs of the South, especially so-called CSOs (civil society organisations) that monitor the social and political development, and formulate interests vis-a-vis national governments, or that act directly as implementing partners of projects of international cooperation.
3. International and supranational institutions in the field of multilateral international cooperation and integration, such as organisations of the United Nations, the African Union, the European Union or development banks.
- Comparative Analysis of Patterns of Governance
- Change Management and Capacity Building
- The Global Multi-Level System
- Public Financial Management and Local Development
- Public Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Administration Public Policy View 12 other Masters in Public Administration in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
We carefully consider each application on an individual basis, taking into account all the information presented on your application form, including your:
- Bachelor’s (BA) degree with 180 ECTS/6 semesters
- Can be proven by a diploma with a diploma supplements and a transcript of records
- The acknowledgement, if a study programme has been studied outside the ECTS system, takes place based on ERASMUS-tables
- 2 years of work experience
- written proof
- command of English language (level B2)
- If the B.A. (equivalent) is based on an English language programme: No further proof needed
- If B.A. (equivalent) is based on a study programme in any other language: Language command can be proven by a certificate such as TOEFL or Cambridge Certificate with a score equivalent to B2 level.
- assessment test
International2250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA2250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- We can now offer scholarships possibilities to successful applicants for the Master's program. The scholarships have been made possible by generous donations.
- The programme costs 4.500 EUR for students who haven't recieved any scholarships.
Living costs for Kehl
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.